I am on the Instagram.
Instagram launched their Android version yesterday (was it only just yesterday?) and I find it a little frustrating to use—not used to the interface. Also, the idea was to take "artsy" pics using the app, throw a shit ton of filters on them, then post to a Tumblr. Problem is the Tumblr account I set up for this purpose is not the primary account (Holland Is The Netherlands is) so auto-post is not an option. In the effort to design social networking sites easy enough for any dum dum (me) to use, they make them completely uncustomizable.
Maybe it's too early for this, but I also can't post directly to Flickr using the Android version.
It's interesting though; I still need to populate my follows list so that I have new things to look at when I'm on a commute. The timing worked out really well for me as it coincided with my exit from Twitter. To be honest, I'll probably return to Twitter at some point, but I'm still pretty frustrated with some of the people I'm linked up with there. Haven't deleted the account, but not checking in for the time being. If you need to get in touch, please use a different route.










2 comments:
I hope they do add flickr like the iPhone version. bastards! I like the filters and all..not just on this app, but other android apps too but it's srsly killing actual skills when it comes to photography :|
Hey Ari I know what you mean. In the beginning, I was resistant to switching to digital from film for that very reason. When I tried to go back to film for a class, I totally sucked at it; forgot everything about making a good image. As with anything, practice and fighting laziness is key. You are getting me thinking about shooting some film [while it's still around!]. What other apps are you into?
Post a Comment