Everyone: Can you bake something different this time?
Empirical: Sure.
lemon cookies with lemon icing
It's that time of year again: Girl Scout Cookies. I don't stash extra boxes in my freezer for the year, as many of my friends do. I like them but usually buy only a couple boxes each year, preferably from the local girls and/or friends' children. I like to pick a lemon variety. Almost always a box of Lemonades. Sometimes the sandwich ones. This year the Scouts introduced Savannah Smiles and goddamn, I think I've got a new love here.
Crunchy and tart. A nice small size (so you can eat them by the handful). Problem is, I bought those from a friend in San Diego and the local gals don't sell them. Oh well. I can probably find a recipe for something similar.
Nope, not really.
Instead, used this Martha Stewart recipe as a springboard. I didn't make as much icing as she suggests. It's far too much. I did about half. And even still, some people have complained that they are too sweet/tart and yes, you will probably get diabetes after eating too many of these. I'm happy with how they turned out but the search continues for the right lemon cookie recipe. Have one I should try?











2 comments:
Would nibble with tea!!!!
YUM.
Post a Comment