Sunday, December 19, 2010

Try try again: Star Wars cookies

Batch 2
Stormtroopers and Darth Vaders

Quitting... That'd be considered Dark Side, right?

In the spirit of Empirical's Star Wars Christmas, I thought I'd give these another chance. Stormtroopers and Vaders this time. Simpler shapes. No Yoda ears to curl or break off.

Good thing I revisited the project. Revelation: I used half the amount of butter last time than I should have! What a terrible thing to overlook. And I didn't exactly figure that out right away this evening either. After some adjustment, I had the dough in pretty good shape. Keeping it at a workable temperature was a challenge. A bigger challenge was finding the counter space to work with. I spilled A LOT of sanding sugar. 

The funny thing is I used to make these delicious oatmeal cranberry cookies and on more than a couple occasions, I used twice as much butter than the recipe calls for. No wonder people LOVED them. Why am I so butter-challenged? The measurements are printed right on the wrapper!

This batch of Star Wars cookies are squeaking by on my personal gifting standards. Lookout, senorcrane, these are for you.


See samples from my 1st attempt: Cookie Padawan

No comments: