Friday, July 10, 2009

Blogger Spotlight: Textdrivebys

Fuck what you've heard about the great divide between Orange County and the 909/Inland Empire (although it's likely you read about it here). If blogs could have BFFs, Inland Empirical's would most certainly be Textdrivebys.

Textdrivebys has been a CHAMPION for the Empirical since ALWAYS. She often refers people over to us which in turn, inspires me to write and update as frequently as possible (been on fire lately!). She asks smart questions, not just of me, but of everyone in her sizable online network. Because of this inquisitive mind, she has the lowdown on EVERYTHING in the greater Los Angeles area and actually leaves her home to EXPLORE.

I WISH SHE'D BLOG MORE but she makes up for it in quality and Tweets. The frequency of her Twitter updating dominates my Timeline.

Textdrivebys is the one to go to if you need info on designer toy collecting, local art galleries, crafts, hip hop, events. She is THE ONLY person I know who made it to Cirque Berzerk over the 4th of July holiday. You check her Flickr for suggestions on OC eats. She just schooled me on her makizushi recipe (I hang my head in Japanese American shame). This lady's always a few steps ahead of the pack.

One day I hope to meet her in person.

No comments: