Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year.

I've been sick the past few days. It was bound to happen as I've been very cold all month, been going out more for holiday gatherings which boosts my "social smoking" and drinking, generally more candy and less food. Many factors.

Anyway, so I didn't go out last night to ring in the New Year which is fine by me. Even if I were well enough, I probably might have done the same. I'm always about 50/50 on going out for NYE. Someone will hear of some parties to go to and I might have fun doing that but it needs to begin with someone dragging me out. It's so cold out and crowded--that never sounds like much fun even if it might be.

Got a few FB messages and this morning a couple text messages when I turned on my cellphone. One was timestamped at about 830 a.m. from a friend who had not yet gone to sleep because he'd had some ecstasy. Ah, youth. I've never done e; there are some things it's just to late to try now that I'm 30. Unclear on whether or not he was even enjoying it but it seemed like a festive thing to do.

I've been in bed trying to kill this cold or whatever it is. Taking some medication, eating food I can't taste, sleeping, watching DVDs. I even attempted to play Bully (PS2) for awhile till it got me winded. Check in online now and then because I think I'm addicted to the internet.

I can't remember all the DVD titles I've gone through. Here's a list...
- Ed Wood (rewatched; saw it once when it 1st came out on video)
- Secretary (because I felt I needed to see more Maggie Gyllenhaal, now I think I've seen too much)
- Some episodes of Seinfeld including the Festivus one

Actually, I can't think of any else though there were obviously much more.

Here's what I have on deck...
- Frisky Dingo
- Cocaine Cowboys
- Surfwise
- Ping Pong Playa
- Star Wars Trilogy
- Christmas Vacation
- Art School Confidential
- American Psycho

It's a combination of things I've bought randomly and never opened, screeners I picked up from Citizenrobot's holiday party, borrowed items, Netflix picks. If I feel well enough to leave my bed before I get through this list that would be great. If not, well, there are worse things than watching stacks of films in the comfort of my home (at least it's been warmer lately!)

Anyhow, I hope however you chose to begin your 09, that it was enjoyable. Cheers!

No comments: