Saturday, November 20, 2010

Siggi's Yogurt.

Siggi's Blueberry

siggi's Icelandic style skyr strained non-fat yogurt. blueberry.


Siggi's Icelandic strained yogurt. Actually produced domestically in upstate New York. I had to go all the way to Kahului, Hawaii to even try this. There is no Inland Empire Whole Foods Market and as of this moment, I have no idea who else would stock such a thing.

The cup was a nice size--it might be too much for people who like small servings of mass-produced yogurts--and sort of flimsy plastic (eco-friendly?) so be careful with it. The yogurt was good. Not quite as thick as Greek yogurt but considering it's non-fat, pretty amazing. I was disappointed that there were no whole blueberries in it, but the real blueberry taste came through. Flavor to try next time is the orange ginger. Still not sure what "skyr" means.


UPDATE: Adding this photo so you can see the cute illustrations on the packaging.

siggi's yogurt

2 comments:

The Littons said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyr

SenorCrane said...

I'll have to try this. I'm still obsessed with Fage.