Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Empirical Polaroids.

Kiyoshi
Kiyoshi Nakazawa
Holding up his latest print. This is my favorite one yet, but I didn't want to haul it home on the train and risk crushing it. Fortunately, I hear he'll be putting it up on Etsy soon. I will definitely alert you when that happens! I'll be 1st in line.

Eric
Eric (right) and his booth buddy.
Everyone is asking me why he looks sad here. He isn't; we were goofing around. I think? Maybe he was sad. Give him a hug if you see him.

Arbito
Arbito
The artist! I didn't know his stuff and only looked it up after I came home from San Diego. I met him socially and all day only knew his real name. He does some pretty cool work though. Check it out. I think Empirical friends will enjoy.

AwesomeCon2010
AwesomeCon 2010
We were there. Were you? Well you should have said hello then. It was a nice day to be outside by the marina and not stuck in line for a panel.

Posehn
Brian Posehn (center)
Arbito spotted him after lunch. We all ended up on the escalator together. That's when I flagged him down for a photo. He was very nice about it. That's artist Martin Ontiveros on the right. Posehn is in a lot of things and does standup, but my favorite thing off the top of my head is maybe Mr. Show. Well I guess there is also Comedians of Comedy.
UPDATE: I dunno how I forgot, but he's really funny on The Sarah Silverman Program.





More here: Polaroids

3 comments:

xenia said...

cari you look incredibly happy - sdcc 2010 was good for you!

i love how you set up this post!

Cailin said...

You're right - Arbito's artwork is great!

Morty Sharp said...

No ChinoXL pics.

Failsauce.