Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yo. What's Up?

I was working on some writings for Empirical but they became very long, disorganized and rambling. Here's something with more readability for now...

I've been thinking about what I can do to improve the Empirical name in 09. Been asking around--bloggers and creative people that I respect--for input. For the most part people have been really supportive and I appreciate the feedback.

My Twitter has been on fire, however. Are you on it? Let me know, I may want to follow.

I just downgraded my Netflix plan to 2-at-a-time; I couldn't keep up with 3. I'm holding 3 discs now: Waitress, American Psycho, Art School Confidential

Killed my Amazon credit today. Downloaded here and there over the past couple weeks keeping in mind that this is a free gift. Looking at my final list now, I realize how random/funny it is...
Talking Heads - Life During Wartime
Sly Stone & The Family Stone - Don't Call Me Nigger, Whitey
Johnny Cash & Lynn Anderson - I've Been Everywhere
GNR - Sweet Child O' Mine
Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)

I thought I had Appetite for Destruction somewhere but it's probably on cassette and not likely I'd ever pick up the disc. Well, never say never. Honestly, I get mocked for this constantly by friends--I wouldn't consider myself a GNR fan but I credit/blame GNR for influencing my musical taste in the early 1990s. That foundation was laid and I'm certain it has affected everything musical and not, that followed; one thing leads to another. I could go on and on [defending myself] about this, but long story short, this blog would not exist and I would not know you at all if it were not for GNR. I'm glad knowing this even if it probably means that in a world without Axl and Slash and Duff I might have been a happier and more successful person than I am today.

Sidebar: The bits of Chinese Democracy that I've heard are completely unlistenable.

No comments: