Friday, January 23, 2009

Gifts From Afar.

A friend was lucky enough to go to Obama's Inauguration. Getting there was tough since he booked last minute. I had to learn Skype on the fly to contact him. While I had him on the horn I asked, "Are you freezing your berries off?" Response, "It's butt ass cold here." I believe it.

Here's some stuff he brought back...


I really don't want to eat this! He said he brought it back especially for me. Look at that ingredient list. Ugh. It is disturbingly heavier than it looks. Plus all the filling oozed out of it in transit.


Really poor print quality on the button but the card it's on isn't terrible. It's marked $6. He brought a couple back but no takers so far. I really like that someone probably made this at home with a computer and a buttonmaker. Good for them. Anyone making stuff at home is alright with me.


This is kind of cool and silly at the same time. I'd heard about this on the news. Some cards haven't even been issued yet. Example: Presidential Pup card. So they're putting redeemable cards in the packs for those. The Presidential Pup is supposedly a tougher one to get. Someone opened their pack today and had one with Obama in a fey pose which we dubbed the "Gaybama card." The one in which he's wearing a yarmulke we all ended up calling "the Yamabama." I'm hoping I have one of those in my pack. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring it home. The suspense will kill me.
Q: How much do you think these things will be worth in 10 years?
A: On ebay? Probably less than what I paid for them...


This plate is ridic. It's for suckers who will also buy the coins Montel Williams has been hawking on tv.


The back of the plate is even better.

Sidebar: I think it's funny how much attention Aretha's hat is getting. It's just a hat! That being said, I joined Citizenrobot in becoming "a fan of Aretha Franklin's Inauguration Hat" on Facebook today. It's so American to be into the hat and Sasha and Malia's custom JCrew outfits and giving a shit what everyone wore and which celebrities were there. Maybe it's just an L.A. thing?

1 comment:

SenorCrane said...

Don't eat your pie on that plate