I can't read much because I get carsick.
I can't sleep (unless it's an express bus; mostly professionals and no crazies) because I might wake up with some creep next to me doing who-knows-what.
People generally leave me alone, but I find the best thing to do is look like an asshole (really, not that difficult for me) and enjoy the view.
Yesterday while en route to Los Angeles [an hour and a half ride] I got lost in my thoughts...Thinking about the Empirical. This blog has ups and downs and sometimes it gets dull. I feel we have fallen into a bit of a rut again. I thought of the many posts recently that I didn't want to disclose what stupid films I've been watching, or what I've been reading, and where I've been spending my time--well, who wants to read that? It's boring and goes against what I was trying to accomplish in 2006 when I launched this thing.
I'll try to be better about it. So here's some stuff for you...
- Last night I went to a friend's birthday party at the Broadway Bar in Downtown L.A. (Might writeup in a future post if I feel inspired.)
- I hung out with some Flickr contacts that are now Flickr friends.
- Today I borrowed a friend's copy of Bully for PS2 and will be working on that. I will lose sleep and run mostly on Diet Cokes.
- The friend that lent me Bully also lent/gave me a copy of Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood. I began reading a bit of it but had to put it down because it was making me emotional. I've mentioned here, my love for Murakami's work...I don't know. Now I'm beginning to feel that's it's almost comical how I have some profound reflection just by reading the 1st half of an opening chapter.
- What's funnier than that? It's 10 past midnight and I'm eating a vegetarian corndog. I felt bad about it until I realized last night at one thirty a.m. I was eating a huge order of cheese nachos from King Taco. So by those standards, this really isn't as bad. Maybe the leftover potato salad is a bit much.
- Okay, I'm attempting to calibrate my laptop battery--way overdue on this annoying chore--so I should sign off for the day.
More writings to come this week. Uploaded a batch of photos this evening with a lot more going up tomorrow. Go check it out.

Added photo 12.30.2008









1 comment:
@rain Thanks a lot. I twittered a response earlier. Hope you got it.
Post a Comment